Sometimes, your Mac OS settings might prevent your browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Brave, etc.) from recording your screen.
The solution is a quick, one-time change in your Mac OS preferences, then you’ll be good to go.
How to enable screen recording from your browser in Mac OS preferences #
- Open Mac OS System Preferences
- Go to “Security & Privacy”
- Click the “Privacy” tab
- You might need to click the Lock icon to enter your system password and unlock your ability to change this setting.
- In the list on the left side, select “Screen Recording”
- In the list on the right side, select your browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Brave, etc.)
- Make sure your browser is checked.
- If you’ve just changed this setting, it might ask you to re-start your browser. Do so.
Now, return to VideoBit in your browser and try starting your recording again. Be sure to click “allow” when it prompts you to select your screen to share.
Still not working? #
There’s always a backup plan:
You can switch to using a different browser. For example, if you were on Firefox, try using Chrome.
Feel free to send us a support message and we’ll be happy to help troubleshoot.